We've now launched our second Spurn Bird Obs Lockdown Auction!
We hope you find something on the auction list that you would like to bid on and enjoy the bidding process! We have 30 high value items up for auction, detailed below.
This is an online auction, with bids sent to [email protected], full instructions below, each item has a reserve on it and won't be sold unless that reserve is met. You will be notified by email to confirm your bid initially and if you are the highest bidder and if/when you get outbid with the new highest bid. Please check your junk email to make sure you don't miss these emails!
The auction will run until 17:00hrs on 1st June 2020. Whomever is the highest bidder at this point wins the item and will be requested to pay via PayPal/bank transfer/cheque etc.).
Due to the current lockdown situation, there may be a slight delay in getting some of the items to the winning bidder, however if this is the case then we won't request the money until the item can be posted or collected. As some of the items are quite large they may be collection only, but this can be arranged via email with the winning bidder, but please keep this in mind when bidding.
The items up for auction are;
3. Friends of Spurn Lifetime Single Membership
4. Spurn Rarity Pin Badge Set (Ivory Gull, Masked Shrike, Great Snipe and Siberian Accentor), pic here
5. Original framed Pencil Sketch of Barn Owl by Andy Roadhouse, pic here
6. Birds of the Oman, signed copy from Richard Porter
7. Original A4 mounted painting of Spurn Green Beacon by Ray Scally, pic here
8. Original A4 mounted painting of a drake Mandarin by Ray Scally, pic here
9. 1-day photography course by Martin Standley
10. £200 Naturetrek voucher
11. A 4-night stay for 2 people at Baan Maka, Kaeng Krachan, Thailand
12. Spurn Migfest logo metalwork sculpture by Mandy Rush, pic here
14. Original framed drawing of Goldcrest by George Edwards, pic here
17. £200 Sunbird Tours Voucher
24. Luxury French Cottage stay for 4 people, pic here
30. A years membership of the Oriental Bird Club
1. To place a bid on an item, simply email [email protected] and state your bid, referreing to the item number above in your email.
2. You will then recieve and email to confirm your bid has been received and whether or not you are the highest bidder and/or when you get outbid. If you do not recieve this email please check your junk folder
3. At the end of the auction we will email all winning bidders to confirm they have won the item and arrange postage/payment etc.
Big thanks to all our friends and companies that have supported the Observatory by donating some of these amazing items for us to auction off. We are very thankful in these hard times.
We hope you enjoy this auction, please dig deep and help support the Observatory whilst also winning valuable prizes. Any questions about items in the auction can be sent to [email protected]
Vouchers: In response to the COVID-19 outbreak we have now added vouchers to our online shop. These can be used for purchases of Spurn Bird Observatory merchandise, accommodation costs for staying at the Observatory and events. Please note these are not redeemable on the Spurn Migration Festival 2020. We are also unable to redeem the vouchers through the online shop for the moment.
These vouchers are designed so that you can support the Observatory during these hard times and redeem them once the lockdown/COVID-19 outbreak is over.
During these troubling times, the Observatory is in need of our friends' support more than ever. Rather than just launch a ‘Go-Fund-Me-donation-push’ we as a committee have decided that the best way to be fair to everyone is to run a series of quizzes, prize draws and auctions which we believe will be much more engaging and provide some entertainment for all, whilst supporting the Observatory. The prizes will range in value from a few pounds to several thousand pounds. We are also planning to screen a series of Spurn online talks over the coming weeks that will include subjects related to the Observatory, ID features and assorted birding/migration topics.
Finally it just leaves us to say please do look after yourselves and others by staying at home, stay safe and save lives.Back to news
Posted: 04 May 2020
Thanks to all the many photographers who allow us to use their images on this site, in particular Dave McAleavey, Martin Standley, Mike Watson, Richard Willison.